Howard County Concerned Citizens
We are a non‐profit domestic corporation focused on ensuring that wind development in Howard County does no harm. We believe industrial wind generating facilities sited too near residences and places where people work and play can cause detriment to health, ability to enjoy and use private property, and property values. We have asked and are still asking our elected county officials to listen to “we the people” and amend the current Howard County wind ordinance to ensure our health, safety, comfort, quality‐of‐life and property values. Please pray for our cause..
Why we are involved
Our organization’s goal is to protect the health and well-being of county residents that is being threatened by the siting of industrial wind turbine energy utilities, commonly referred to as “wind farms” in our community. These wind farms are being irresponsibly located in areas that are densely populated. We have researched the literature on these facilities and want to share the negative effects these facilities have on those living nearby as well as the community as a whole. We continue to demand that our representatives stop further WTE development until all impacts of these facilities are fully investigated and ordinances are enacted that preserve the quality of life and property rights of all Howard County residents.
Become informed and involved
Please browse the links at the left to learn the facts and find out what you can do to protect your rights. We will continue to update our site with relevant information in order to keep you informed.
Our most recent website updates:
- Review our 2014 Howard County Primary Election Endorsements and Recommendations
- Take Action - Ask Howard Co Counil members to Rescind Wind Farm Tax Abatement
- News - Grant County - E.On wind farm up in the air Web PDF
- News - Wildcat Turbine Blade Break - A Trend ? Web PDF
- News - Batavia, NY - Orangeville Turbine Blade Break Web PDF
- News - Mill Run, PA - 12 Year Old Turbine Collapse Web PDF
- Facts-Health: Wind Turbines: A Different Breed of Noise? Web PDF
- Facts-Financial: Local Abatements May Cause Higher Property Tax Rates Web PDF
- Facts-Wildlife: Obama Close to Finalizing Rule to Give Wind Farms a Pass on Killing Eagles Web PDF